Saturday, May 14, 2016

Did you know.....

I must admit, I normally post about things I am either working on, have already made, or sharing items that make sewing a lot easier for me.  The notions, books, magazines, dvd's, on-line classes, etc. are incredible any more and filled with information that not only encourages me, but challenges me to do better. For instance, this month's issue of Sew News has articles that are more than interesting... this issue includes articles that are helpful, instructive, and filled with information that many of us 'old time' sewers can still use on this creative journey of ours.

Another resource that is invaluable is Craftsy.  Have you ever checked it out?  It is an absolute MUST! Be careful though...Craftsy can become addicting as there is a plethora of online classes that are amazing!  I can't begin to tell you all of the things that have encouraged me, helped me and taught me on that one site alone.  Check out all of the venues that are available to you whether on-line,  in shops, classes offered by friends, or privately.  TAKE ADVANTAGE of all that is out there..you will become so much better in your craft...and make some wonderful friends along the way.  Keep that learning curve growing my friends... and make sure that you use what you have learned so that you won't 'loose' it.

Before I leave you today, I realized that I never shared the quilt that I had made for my new granddaughter, Scarlett.  I fussy cut all of the small squares...which took a lot of time by the way!  And I chose minkie for the back like I have with all of the other quilts that I have made for my grandkids.  Make sure you always click on the pictures for a closer look!



As usual...I've been making shirts for my grandsons...they LOVE Star Wars so of course I simply had to make my Logan a shirt out of Star War's fabric.



I will leave you with a small tease that I am working on by hand...


Until next time.....


No comments: