Monday, July 29, 2013

Another Purse Replaced.....


So I brought home another purse from the shop that definitely needed a new look.  The fabric is rather outdated on this purse and customers are not often prone to purchase a pattern where the sample looks out of style or unappealing.... do you blame them?

So here is the front of the old purse..


Here's the back......


And here is the inside.. notice the dark lining?  Not a good idea when you're trying to find small items in your purse.



Here's the actual purse pattern by Whistlepig Creek Productions.  #1188 Pockets All Around.  You will find quite a few similarities between this purse pattern and the last purse that I posted.  There is lots of pockets on the inside, same sturdy handles, as well as similar dimensions of the purse itself. The main difference between the patterns is the number of pockets on the outside of the purse.   There's also no ties on the sides of the purse.. which you could certainly add if you wanted to.. I know I would.


Now for a picture of the new purse in more stylish fabric.  Again, I used batiks as I felt that it gave the purse a more elegant look.  Here's the front..


 Here's the back...



And here's the inside.  I was rather forced to go with a somewhat darker lining due to the fabric choices I had made, but it's truly not as bad as I thought it would be.

                         
                          

You'll have to share with me as to which purse is your favorite.  Until next time.......

4 comments:

Beks said...

I like the black one better. You could almost use it as a diaper bag too. But I really think it should have been pink. ; )

Deborah Hays said...

I DID have it in pink.....but thanks for voting. Love you, mom

Beks said...

No, ALL pink. ; )

Deborah Hays said...

Got it!!!! Silly me.... I'll work on that....even though you have two boys! ;-) Love you!