Okay... so I'm not actually doing a mystery quilt, but I have started a project where I honestly don't know what each block is going to look like until it is presented at the beginning of each month. I also have no clue as to what the finished quilt will look like either... all of that is up to me, the quilter. For the blocks that I have pieced together so far, I have decided that I would like to make each block on point. That means that I will be needing a lot more fabric to surround each of the 6 1/2" blocks.... thus making them 12" finished.
Here is January's block. There were several different color waves in which I could choose from, but I decided to go with the darker colors. In the packet, along with the pattern, I was given three, dark, color swatches. To those, I was suppose to add a background color.... preferably light in color... I decided not to... I just used the three dark fabrics that were provided. I realize that there is not a lot of contrast, but by adding the surrounding fabric to the block, I felt that would suffice.
Here is February's block... there was actually a lighter color fabric swatch, mixed with the two darker ones, in the kit. I decided to add one more dark fabric to go along with the look that I had started in the first block. Since I have no idea as to what the next block pattern will be... or the exact color of the swatches that will be included, my prayer is that I will be able to continue on with the darker look.
(I know that I promised that I would be talking about 'Steam A Seam II" in this post, but I decided to share these two mystery blocks with you first... next post.)
BTW...... Guilty!!! I'm glad that it is over. It was a very short criminal trial in the Superior Court. It was rather difficult for the defense attorney to defend his client. At least this case was better than my last one which lasted three weeks!
One-Pot Sausage and Veggie Rice by Erica
2 days ago