Monday, June 15, 2009

Sewing room....

I love looking into rooms where people escape to and let their creative juices flow. I thought I would share a few pictures of the room that I call "home" and where I let my own creative juices take hold. I spend an awful lot of time in this room of mine and have the joy of creating a lot of fun projects in it. As I have already shared, I am definitely a Bernina gal. I have enjoyed these machines very much over the years and doubt that I will ever change now.

Where I sit each day and sew on my Bernina 730 while enjoying the view.



To the left of me is where the chicken my mom made sits on top of an old Singer hand crank sewing machine. It still works!



I love the fireplace in the winter. I know, I know.... I'm a wimp!



To my right is my Bernina 440, my computer, my copy machine and my many books. (One does need their books!)



I left out several shots, but at least you get a partial idea of my room.

6 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Wow, it looks so nice and clean! Is that what it's like when you don't have kids?:)

Deborah Hays said...

Clean?? I thought everyone would think that it looked rather junky. But there is nothing that I can part with!!

Anonymous said...

It would be so nice to have that much room for sewing! I think that is why I don't enjoy sewing so much. Too crowded!!

Deborah Hays said...

I remember the days when I use to sew on my dining room table, which I had to clean off every time we ate, and then in our small mobile home.... talk about crowded! ;-) I guess that is why I was always so interested in where people did their sewing because my own areas were always so confined. I was always so amazed at how some people made due.... but I guess I did as well. I just always loved sewing for all four of my girls.

Lizzie M. said...

Very nice! Cant wait to have a space like that...but am grateful for what I do have!!

Deborah Hays said...

Isn't it funny how we just do what we do regardless?? I love your room Elizabeth. It may be small, but it's perfect.

Love you, mom