Friday, January 27, 2012

Block of the Month 2012

I decided to do something very different this year... at least something different as far as quilting is concerned. I have always wanted to participate in one of those block of the month clubs that the various, on-line, quilting shops offer. One can also find BOM's offered in different catalogs, magazines and sometimes in shops located in your very own neighborhood.

The BOM that I wanted to participate in however, was one where not only was the pattern sent to you each month, but the fabric that went along with it as well. (This is highly unusual for me as I am one who would rather choose her own fabric and not copycat someone else's ideas or choices!) Well... I finally bit the bullet this year and joined a BOM. My blocks are sent to me from Shabby Fabrics, a shop that I truly love. The name of my BOM is The Great Pumpkin. I must say... I am really enjoying each block so far and can hardly wait so see the finished quilt on my bed. BTW.... this is an applique BOM. Now some of you may not enjoy doing applique, but I am doing all the work on my machine. Those who know me know that I enjoy doing handwork, but I knew that it would be easy for me to get behind schedule and I wanted make sure that this quilt would be completed by the year's end.

Here is a peek at the pattern:



Here is a peek of my first completed block:



Can't wait to share each block as they come. Blessings, Debbie

No comments: