Monday, January 30, 2012

Hand Applique 2012

As I stated in my last blog... I do enjoy hand applique. However, if I know that I need to have something done rather quickly, I will revert to appliqueing by machine. Any appliqueing, quilting, embroidering, applying binding, etc. by hand has always been very relaxing for me.... some hate it... I love it.

Pearl P Pereira is a wonderful applique designer whose designs are awe inspiring. Take a look at her website and you will see what I mean. I used one of Pearl's patterns to make a little travel case to carry all of my hand applique tools in.... in fact this is my second one that I have made.

Here's the first one:



The inside:



On my second one, I decided to embroider my initials. The outside:



And the inside, which holds all of my tools:



Two of my favorite tools, also designed by Pearl, are a must for hand applique. I gladly share them with you:



Those interested in Pearl's pattern I will gladly share it with you below. It is very easy to stitch together and just as easy to embroider whatever you want on the outside to make sure that no one tries to snag it from you. Happy stitching!!

No comments: