Monday, June 24, 2013

Purse


Several months back, a cute purse pattern arrived at the shop, designed by Penny Sturges, called Bow Tucks Tote.  It's an older pattern, (2005) but one that is quite fun and easy to make.  I took the pattern home and made the purse out of the pink and brown batik that you see below.  I added a bow to the front pocket, but other than that I made the purse pretty much according to the nice directions that are included with the pattern.  Those of us who have been sewing a long time, appreciate the effort a designer takes in making sure their directions are consistent, concise, and clear......  followed by great illustrations of course.  I can always figure out a pattern on my own and often times can get it done faster by doing things my own way....  BUT, I am always conscientious in regards to the new sewer out there.  Does he/she understand the directions in the pattern that they just purchased?  Do the directions make sense?  Will their project come out as cute or even cuter than the picture on the front cover?  More often than not, I am frustrated for the newbie myself and ache for them while they're probably struggling over a pattern that they thought would be easy.  I think that writing directions has to be just as hard, if not harder than designing the pattern itself.  Anyways.... I brought the purse home the other night as it is time to make it again but using  the newer fabric choices that have come out since I first brought this pattern home.  If you want a fairly easy purse pattern with good directions, here it is.



Until next time......

No comments: