Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shopping in Israel

I thought that I would share one more post in regards to my trip to Israel and Turkey. As most of you know, I have never been out of the country before my trip to the Middle East. I mean... I've been to Mexico.... and to Canada once, but doesn't everyone who lives here in the United States go to Mexico and/or Canada?? Anyway.... everything was a new experience for me. Whether it was the people, the land, the different seas, the different foods, all of it was so new... and a little adventurous in a way.

For my final post in regards to my trip to Israel I wanted to share with you some of the pictures from my shopping experiences. Let's just say that I am a little naive in that particular area. I am quite certain that there was some kind of letter engraved on my forehead (unknown to me) that was evident to each and every shop owner as I walked onto their premises. I am quite sure that the letter I'm referring to was more than likely the letter 's' for sucker. I will not bore you with the ugly details... like I said, I will just share with you some of the pictures.

Lisa and I thought this guy looked quite friendly. What do you think? Let's just say... we did not make any transactions that would have involved this cheery guy.



I just had to share this picture with you. My dear cousin Lisa tried to talk me into buying a couple of these items. Do you see those lovely garments hanging up there? The yellow ones. She bugged me every time we went by a new group of them. She said Jim would thank her for it.. I said he would wonder where his wife had gone. (Please click image for closer view... it's a must see.)



Okay, okay... I was pretty tempted with all the candy and nut bars that were offered everywhere we went! Just the smell of it all was unbelievable. (I thought of you Becks.)



And then the trays of bread.... big time weakness!



But... I will have you know... I did not give into any of the temptations that I listed above... I just wish that I could say that for the nut bars that I came across! See that guy trying to talk my brother into buying those wonderful nut bars? Yeah... that guy certainly didn't need to worry, I was right behind John... I bought some.



There were also these wonderful fresh fruit stands everywhere we went where you could pick out any fruit that you wanted and they would make fresh juice right there. I caved... but only once. A tiny little paper cup of that fresh fruit was $2.00. It was soooooo good though!



Another place that I really enjoyed going to was the fresh spice shop. There were several of these shops and it was difficult for me to decide on which spices to get. Most I had never heard of before.



And last, but definitely not least... there was jewelry for everyone! I'm not going to tell you what I came home with... I will admit that I fell prey to the temptation of purchasing a nice piece of jewelry. 'S' But who knows if I will ever be able to return.... at least that is what I keep telling myself.

1 comment:

Beks said...

And you didn't bring me home candy?!?!?!?! I'm boycotting coming up to the house now.