Friday, August 19, 2011

Wallets!

Soooo, I am still making wallets to give as gifts.... I'm not exactly sure how many I have made so far..... but I think they are a great gift idea to give to people that you know.. but you just aren't sure as to what they really need or what they really want. If you'd like... throw in a gift card or two as well... especially to places you know they would enjoy. The wallets are fairly easy to make and I can honestly say that I wouldn't mind getting one myself. ;-)

I made a couple out of the pink University of Arizona fabric for my niece and my sister-in-law.... I even embroidered their initials on the inside.. below is the one I made for my sister-in-law. Here's the outside:



Here's the inside:



This next one is for my daughter-in-law. I know that she gets a lot of gift cards for her birthday, christmas, anniversary... etc.
Since I know she enjoys getting those gift cards, I'll just give her one from me inside of this little wallet. Here's the outside:



And here's the inside:



I have also been making more of these little bags. They are perfect for throwing one of the above wallets in, along with a license, car keys, cell phone, etc. This one is for Liz, my sister-in-law. The outside:



The inside:



For my niece, who I made the pink University of Arizona wallet for, I made her bag out of the traditional colors of the U of A. Since she just had a new baby boy, I made the bag a little more 'boy' friendly.

For my other niece, who also has a sweet little baby boy, I made her bag out of the cutest baby fabric ever. I made her a wallet to match. I had already mailed both their gifts before posting. But if you need a quick baby gift idea, make one of the bags like I have shared in previous posts.... and here, sew together a matching wallet, throw in a couple of diapers, wipes and maybe a gift card or two, and voila.... a gift no one else could possibly give! Keep sewing... and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lizzie M. said...

Those are so super cute! I bet the girls loved the u of a ones!!!

Deborah Hays said...

I hope so! I placed a Starbuck gift card and a Gymborie gift card in each of them. I placed the wallets in their little bags along with a couple of diapers and a pack of wipes.

We'll see.... love you, mom