Saturday, August 22, 2015

Back...And Critiquing Patterns I Have Used In The Past

It has been far too long since my last post and lots has happened in my absence..including sewing! I thought I might do something different this time around.  I thought I would give a critique.... similar to what I have already done in past posts..... of the patterns that I use when making projects.   I am doing this for myself as well as for you so that I will remember what I especially liked and maybe didn't like when using that particular pattern. Are you ready?

First up is Martha Pullen.  I have had the wonderful privilege of attending several of Martha's schools and have loved every one of them.  If you ever get the opportunity to go,  take it..I promise..you will not be disappointed.  Over the many years that I have been using Martha's patterns, I have always found  her directions, techniques, and designs to be top notch. Recently I was licensed in  yet another of Martha's Schools, this one being "Children's Garment Construction".  Below are some of the projects that I have made... with more to come.  I give Martha's patterns an "A" overall with many great for beginners.  The only thing I found was that they tend to run a little big.  Having seventeen grandkids to far, I have my own built in models that I can try these clothes on thereby getting a good evaluation of size.  My granddaughters are tall, but very slim.  The dresses especially were a little large for them "around" their bodies, but laying that aside, my granddaughters LOVED these outfits...which is the most important thing to me anyhow.  Here is what I have made:





Even though it was way too big, my granddaughter just had to wear this when having a tea party with my daughter.  Pretty cute!




This is the little boy's shirt from the class too.  Easy to make and very classy looking I think.


Since returning home I was also able to get a quilt done for one of my newer grandsons.  As you know, I love putting 'minkie' on the back of my quilts for them and I chose the rosebud minkie for the back of this one.



Until next time!

No comments: