Monday, August 24, 2015

The Old Fashioned Baby

The Old Fashioned Baby is one of my favorite pattern companies.  I love the detail on her designs and it was probably one of the first of many heirloom patterns that I purchased years ago.  One of her patterns that I used over and over again, is the one pictured below.  Making those dresses was like stepping back in time.  I used Liberty of London fabric,  a *lawn fabric.... making it delightful to sew with, and giving each dress the vintage look that I was desiring.  If you have not worked with Liberty of London fabric, spoil yourself...it's wonderful...and you'll probably want to make a blouse for yourself!  Handwork ideas, along with their patterns, are always included with each pattern packet and making piping by using contrast fabric sets these patterns apart.  I give The Old Fashioned Baby an A and great patterns to start with for heirloom sewing.

Forgive my one and only picture of this pattern but back in the day I didn't take pictures of all of the outfits that I made except for this one.  ;-)

The pattern: Now known as Maddie's Toddler Dress.



One of the many dresses that I made using this delightful pattern:



*cotton
  1. Lawn cloth or lawn is a plain weave textile, originally of linen but now chiefly cotton. Lawn is designed using fine, high count yarns, which results in a silky, untextured feel. The fabric is made using either combed or carded yarns.
    Google lawn fabric for more ideas.  ;-)  Happy sewing!

No comments: