Monday, August 24, 2015

Cottage Mama

While in Kansas, I enjoy visiting a wonderful quilt shop by the name of Prairie Point.  Not only does it have lovely fabric, but the people who work there are extremely kind and incredibly helpful.  One person who teaches there you might be familiar with if you are a quilter, Kathy Delaney.  She specializes in appliqué and is the author of some very fascinating and beautiful books that are published by Kansas City Star.  Her work is exquisite and I was honored to have her take the time to share her appliqué technique with me one afternoon.

On one of my last visits, I noticed an adorable romper on display and found that it was a Cottage Mama design.  After hearing that it was one of their more popular patterns, I decided to try it out for myself and was pleasantly surprised by her simple directions and how well the outfit came out.  This may be my first Cottage Mama pattern, but I can tell you now it won't be my last.  Another A...great for beginners!


I love that it is not only a reversible romper, but it looks incredibly sweet on.



And here's the little darlin':


A final note, please pray for Anne Graham Lotz, Billy Graham's daughter,  over the loss of her husband this past week.  I received an email this morning that I  now share with you.  Simply click onto Anne's name.  Thank you.


No comments: