Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Lovely Art Of Machine Quilting

I wanted to share the latest quilt that I had quilted by my dear friend Sharon, who is an incredible long arm  quilter.  I have never had her quilt on any of my quilts using minkie as a backing before.  I have been too chicken as I have seen the disastrous results of many long arm quilters out there who have ruined many a quilt because they had no idea how to handle this lovely fabric.  Minkie is quite soft, much softer and nicer than flannel, yet very stretchy. Because of that, quilters often struggle with the correct way to place it on their racks before it is quilted.  When I called Sharon to ask her about using minkie on the back of my quilt, she encouraged me to bring it on over.  I will admit to all of you... I was skeptical of how this baby quilt was going to turn out.  Silly me!!  Check out the results below.  Isn't it absolutely beautiful???  As always, click on any picture for a closer look....








Many of you may remember this little diaper dock below, (from previous posts)  that I made out of the coordinating fabric.  Once opened, it is ready to change that little babe of yours on, closed, it easily carries a diaper or two along with the wipes.  I think this is such great pattern.  Some quilters use this same pattern for carrying their irons along with a small can of starch or water to their many classes.  Instead of the vinyl that I put over the fabric, they purchase that grey, heat resistant fabric so that they can iron right their next to their machines.  Fabulous idea don't you think?








I just had to throw in this picture of one of my grandsons at Easter.  He thought that he looked pretty hot in these egg glasses that I had purchased.  My daughter had to eventually hide them from him as he wanted to wear them all of the time.  Pretty cute I think!



Keep up your sewing... and share with me what you are doing.  Blessings!  Debbie

3 comments:

Beks said...

He ate them... but still wears them. He loves those glasses!

Beks said...

He ate them... but still wears them. He loves those glasses

Deborah Hays said...

Ate them??? Such a shocker..... ;-) Ya gotta love that boy.