Friday, May 29, 2009

Quilt Tops

Sorry that I haven't written for a while but life has been..... well.. busy! I'm sure that every one of you can relate. ;-) Again this will be a brief post, but I wanted to at least make an 'appearance' so to speak. A fellow quilter and friend, asked if I would put together a couple of quilt tops together for her for a friend of hers who is expecting a set of twins. Being a mom of twins myself, I found this project a fun one to do. My set of twins were identical twin boys but the set of twins to come is a boy and a girl. Below you will find pictures of the two quilt tops that I made along with another quilt top that my friend wanted embroidered for another friend's baby whose name is Colten. Since Colten nearly didn't make it into this world of ours, Carol wanted me to embroider not only his name, but the fact that he was truly a miracle.

The first quilt is for the little boy to come. I LOVED this Michael Miller fabric called silhouettes. I'm a big time fan of Michael Miller fabrics anyway, but I especially liked this one.



This top is for the little girl. The fabric is called Harmonies and is made by Exclusively Quilters. I liked this line as much as the Michael Millers.



This is what I embroidered on Colten's quilt top. ( I wish more gals used the embroidery unit on their machines, it is so much fun! You can do so much with those machines girls... more than you can imagine!)

4 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Great boy/girl quilts! Love the pink and brown:)

Deborah Hays said...

Thanks Nicole!

Beks said...

I love the fabric!

Anonymous said...

What a great gift!! The quilts are great!