Friday, May 8, 2009

Thoughts....

Proverbs 2:1-5 My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; Yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Don't you just love those verses? My cry unto the Lord lately, has been exactly what the above verses say. Don't we all need discernment? Don't we all need wisdom and understanding? There........ right there, is where you will find my heart.

There are some in my family who have wondered why I never began a blog before now. I have been so torn because I never wanted another thing to take over a place in my heart over my God, my family, or my time.... yet here I am. I find I do need an outlet to not only express my thoughts but to also share my sewing... so bear with me.

Below is a picture of a dress and purse that I made for Cozy Quilt Shop  to teach a class there. The dress pattern is from Kari Mecca's wonderful book, Sewing With Whimsey. The book is filled with great patterns for little girls that you will love. With Kari's permission, I was able to sell some of the dresses that I made from her book, (pictures also found below) to some pretty wonderful photographers in Kansas. I used bright and cheery fabrics on each dress and I was delighted with the outcome. You won't be disappointed if you purchase the book. Tomorrow I will share more of my treasures and finds. Until then...... Many hugs








No comments: