Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A last peek of Israel... for now ;)

I will be gone for the remainder of the week but wanted to leave you with a few more pictures of Israel. We went through tunnel after tunnel while visiting the different sites that we were scheduled to see. One of my favorites was Hezekiah's Tunnel. I found this site on You Tube and it gives such a great visual of the tunnel that I thought that I would share it with you. A side note though, the man in this video at least had LIGHT. We just had a few small flashlights. It was pitch black, which made the tunnel seem much smaller, and the trek through the water lasted for approximately 45 minutes. I loved it!

A couple of the other pictures of the tunnels are as follows: (The first one is along the entire length of the Western Wall.)



Acre:







The Grottos.. the most beautiful!



And of course, Lisa and I stepped into one of the many alcoves for a picture. (Sometimes I felt as though half the trip was either in a tunnel or in the many empty water systems or cisterns that are still there.... it was incredibly amazing!!!!)



Have a great week! Back to sewing when I return... I promise.

1 comment:

Lizzie M. said...

Cool pics, sooo glad you had fun!!!