Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sewing With Whimsy

Kari Mecca from Kari Me Away is one of my favorite children's clothes designers. I have never been disappointed with anything that I have made using her designs and patterns.... and neither will you. You will find that your little ones will love to spin around in these pretty dresses. They are extremely full and deserve the names that Kari gave to each of them. I realize that I have shared many of these dresses in previous posts, but for those of you who may be new, I wanted you to see two of my favorite designs by Kari. They are fun dresses and hopefully you will enjoy them as well (Don't forget, if you want a closer look at any of the dresses, just click on the picture.)

The first set of dresses is made from the pattern called 'Adorable You'. I made various changes to each dress bodice to give them a more custom look. I never want any of the dresses I make to look exactly alike.



I made a little girl's purse to match the above dress and added a little glitz to it after taking the picture.





A look at the back.



A close up of the bodice.



I also did this one in pink, but changed the embroidery design and the look of the bodice by extending the dark fabric all the way to the armholes... unlike what I did with the above dress.



The back again. I like doubling up on the buttons to make them look more like flowers.





The second group of pictures are dresses made from the "Spring Fling" pattern. (I love these dresses!)













For those of you who might be interested in making one of these for your own little princess, here is the book. The gorgeous pictures along with 11 beautiful dress patterns will perk up any creative juices you may have. The tips alone are worth the cost of the book. Have some fun! Until next time.......

1 comment:

Lizzie M. said...

So glad most of those are in my possession....where are the others? :-)