Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Piping....

I just had to share a few pictures of the projects that I have made where I have added piping by using the 3 groove pintuck foot that I spoke about in my last post. (We'll continue on with my love of specialty feet in my next post.) I must admit that I think I'm addicted to making piping!! In my opinion, piping just seems to add a nice finish to just about every project that I have made.

In the first picture, I am sharing again the picture of the dress that I made for one of my granddaughters. Finishing off the collar and armholes with piping made from contrasting fabric, to me, added a nice look to the dress.



I made the dress below with beautiful fabric by Liberty of London out of the UK. Instead of hemming the dress I decided to make a narrow ruffle for the hem and again made piping out of contrasting fabric to go in between the dress and the ruffle. I also decided to add piping to the collar as well. (Don't forget to click on any image to make it larger if needed.)



For my bed, I made pillow cases, along with pillow shams and a smaller pillow to place on top... my husband is always asking me why we have to have so many pillows for the bed. Here is a picture of just one of the pillow cases that I made. Every pillow has piping on it somewhere.



The smaller pillow is pictured below. I saw the embroidery design pattern at a show that I attended and loved what it said. So I purchased it, brought it home and hand embroidered it onto this fabric. Once I had finished the handwork, I then needed to make up a pillow pattern so that I could use piping and make the kind of ruffle that I wanted.



Here's just a few more ideas... which are endless by the way. ;-) I made this burp pad and sewed piping around the edges. The pad is lined with the softest flannel that I could find.



I made this apron and again, sewed piping between the body of the apron and the ruffle.



I'm telling you, I love the look of piping... as you can tell! But I wouldn't make it nearly as much if I didn't have my 3 groove piping foot! Try it.... you'll love it!

No comments: